Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort Review
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort is a land-based casino owned by The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribes, opened its doors to the public on April 12, 1999, and continues to operate to date. It offers hotel services, restaurant, live entertainment, a wide range of gaming options, a bingo hall, sportsbook, electronic table games, and even an app for play-online
The Akwesasne casino is located in Hogansburg, near the northern border of New York State, it is presented as a good destination option for gaming, live entertainment, dining, lodging, and conventions.
Besides the hotel rooms, this casino has an RV park, Fitness center, SPA, an indoor pool, and a hot tub.
There are over 1100 slot machines, thirty table games, poker rooms, a bingo palace, sportsbook, and gift shop.
Furthermore, there is always something going on in the event center which holds more than 750 seats.
Pros and Cons
|Wide variety of slot machines and table games|
|Spa and Fitness center|
|Indoor pool and hot tub|
Gaming at Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
Akwesasne casino offers an extraordinary gaming experience and also other local attractions and events.
Progressive Slots with giant jackpots, video poker, your favorite classic games, and the latest video reel slots. You won’t find a slot machine selection like this anywhere else.
1,150 of the latest and greatest machines are there in the North Country. There are penny machines, a $25 high limit, and everything in between. More games are added every month, so you can play your favorites or try your luck at one of those shiny new ones.
Tables Games are not far behind, from the classics of Blackjack, Roulette, and Craps going through Double Deck Blackjack and Mississippi Stud to the new favorites such as Three Card Poker and Let It Ride, there’s a game for everyone.
And if that was not enough, there are brand new one’s electronic table games located in the former High Limit Room, try your luck at one of the high-tech betting terminals with thrilling game options including Roulette and Blackjack.
Their non-smoking Poker Room features five poker tables offering No-Limit Texas Hold'em, big-screen TVs, cell phone charging stations, and free Wi-Fi.
The Sportsbook offers to bet on a wide array of the latest professional sporting events including football, basketball, baseball, hockey, boxing, golf and more, Money line, Over/Under, Point Spread, or Player Props - they got you covered with their retail sportsbook
The Bingo Palace is the best place to jump up and down. Do a little dance. Freak out. Whatever you do when you win a bingo jackpot, plus, you could try out the latest in bingo technology with their paperless games on handheld Explorer machines.
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort Website & App
The website of this casino is very friendly and practical, well summarized, and quite organized, at first look you will find an animated billboard with upcoming events and promotions as well as the tab menu with the following information:
- Play safe: in this section, you have detailed information on Covid preventive measures of Akwesasne, as well as, the casino, table games, and restaurants hours.
- Play: here you have little windows with information.
- Upcoming and weekly promotions.
- Winners Club.
- The gaming section is available.
- VIP services.
- A gallery of winners.
- The Play-online options.
- Accommodations: here you can find out about Hotel and RV Park.
- Restaurants: in this section, you can find all the information related to food places that are available including menus, drinks, and hours.
- Entertainment: in this section, you can find information about the event center, the upcoming event, and the tickets purchase.
- Plan Your Event: in this section, you have information on Events Planning Services.
Events & Entertainment
Akwesasne is not just a casino, it offers its customers a major event center and entertainment experience. Live Shows, Concerts, and Events in upstate, New York. It takes all kinds.
This is why they have all kinds of music and entertainment. Let them entertain you with shows, parties, events, and concerts all happening in there, just for you.
Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort is the place for National acts, bridal shows, and Tribute concerts, or go tap your toes to one of your favorite local artists.
Whatever you choose, around here, you’ll hit the entertainment jackpot.
History & Facts
The Saint Regis Mohawk Tribe’s gaming enterprise is one of the largest employers not only of the local community but of Northern New York as a whole.
All revenue generated is generously donated back into the community.
The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino opened on April 12, 1999. In May 2013, the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino completed a new $74 million expansion that included a 7-story hotel and a new bingo hall.
The original Mohawk Bingo Palace was located down State Route 37 and operated since May 1985. That facility was closed and relocated inside the Akwesasne Mohawk Casino. The grand opening was March 13, 2013.
The casino is one of the most venerable tribal casinos in the state has a 130,000 square foot casino floor.
The Area & Getting to Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort
“Akwesasne,” as this area is known, translates to “Land where the partridge drums,” which was a reference to the abundance of the game bird along the shores of St. Lawrence and its tributaries.
Looking for a few attractions in the area? You’ll find dozens of them near Akwesasne Casino:
-Raquette River - 5 km
-Mohawk International Raceway - 6.1 km
-Grasse River - 6.5 mi / 10.4 km
-Seaway International Bridge - 6.6 mi / 10.6 km
-Robert Moses State Park - Thousand Islands - 7.3 mi / 11.5 km
-Cornwall Community Museum - 7.5 mi / 12.1 km
-Historic Cornwall Prison - 7.7 mi / 12.4 km
-Cornwall Civic Complex - 7.9 mi / 12.7 km
-The Art Gallery (TAG) Cornwall - 8 mi / 12.8 km
-Cornwall Square - 8.5 mi / 12.9 km
The Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort is a 9-minute drive from Cedar View Golf Club and a 7-minute drive from Mohawk International Raceway. There is free parking. To be more precise, the exact location would be about 873 State Route 37 Hogansburg, NY 13655.
Its location is easy to find, as the road is well signposted, and you can easily find it on Google maps.
-By plane. Massena, NY (MSS-Massena Intl.) - 20 min drive
-By train. Cornwall Train Station - 20 min drive
For Akwesasne Resort your safety and entertainment experience is their top priority, in this line of ideas they say:
- Hours of operation will be reduced to allow for deep cleaning and disinfection. This means opening hours for the casino, the gaming tables, and restaurants.
- The slot floor is reconfigured to abide by social distancing guidelines.
- Alcohol beverage service to be provided to guests while playing slot games or table games from 12 pm - 2 am daily.
- Self-serve beverage stations are now available.
- The Poker Room and Bingo will remain closed at this time.
- Valet, Sweetgrass Spa, and Grab & Go will be closed until further notice.
- Guests, team members, and vendors are required to wear a face mask.
- Smoking indoors is temporarily prohibited. Guests may smoke outside in a covered, designated smoking area.
About Social Distancing
- The Resort is operating at a reduced occupancy to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- Machines have been arranged to maximize social distancing.
- Restaurant tables have been moved further apart. Separate entrance and exits.
- Plexiglas barriers have been placed in various areas including the cashier’s cage, front desk, gift shop, and points of sale.
- Social distancing floor markers have been placed throughout the property.
- Nightly deep cleaning and disinfecting.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available throughout the property.
- Machines will be sanitized after use by the Clean Team.
- Guests also have the choice to use provided cleaning wipes to clean the machine before use.
- Seats will be sanitized between players. Dice will be sanitized between players. The chips in the bank will be sanitized daily.
- AMCR wheelchairs will not be available at this time.
About Team Members
- AMCR Team Members have received rigorous training to ensure all new protocols are followed
- Our associates are 100% vaccinated!
- All Team members are screened before each shift and not allowed to report to work, if they or a family member have any COVID-19 symptoms, have come in contact with anyone who has evaluated positively within the past 14 days, or tested positive for COVID-19.
Is Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort a Good Experience Overall?
As we have seen throughout this review, Akwesasne casino has proven to be an excellent choice and that is because they offer a large variety of gaming options even a new concept in the gaming experience with electronic table games.
Besides according to user reviews this casino has wonderful and clean hotel facilities and good service.
In addition, some unusual attractions to please all types of clients such as an indoor pool and hot tub, gym, SPA, RV Park, and all this in addition to the performances in its event center.
In conclusion, Akwesasne Mohawk Casino Resort seems to be one of the best options in the area, with so many gaming options, different restaurants, and an event center. Also, most of the reviews that reside on websites such as Yelp and TripAdvisor are promising.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What company owns Akwesasne Casino?
What are the available contact options?
Where is Akwesasne Casino located?
When did it open?
What are the opening hours of Akwesasne Casino?
What is the list of games available at the Casino?
Are there any restaurants available at Akwesasne Casino?
Does the casino have parking and/or valet parking services?
Is this hotel pet-friendly?